Polishing & Varnishing Your Floor
Posted by Timberwolf on 28-03-2018
Restoring a wooden floor can bring back the beauty of any room. A lovingly restored floor can add charm to any room. Here at Timberwolf we pay attention to the essential details of the old floor and aim to keep the authenticity of the original floor. Our main aim is to give you the best possible result, restoring the floor back to it's natural beauty and leave you with a floor you can truly be proud of.
Why Should You Choose Timberwolf?
Our highly experienced team take great pleasure in bringing wooden floors back to life. We take pride in restoring your tired and wooden floor and bringing out your floors full potential. At the start of renovating your floor, we will assess what needs doing so that we can provide you with the best possible service. We understand that the sanding of the floor isn't the only important part of restoring a wooden floor, polishing and varnishing is just as important.
Varnishing & Polishing Is Important
Varnishing and polishing a wooden floor is an important part of floor restoration. It brings back the natural beauty of the original floor and gives your room a beautiful finish. Varnishing is the most common type of surface treatments for your wooden floor and there are three levels of gloss from matt to glossy. If you varnish your floor using the correct product, you will be making the wood highly resistant to chemicals and abrasions. The floor will also be more protected against the foot fall it receives on a daily basis. It is important, however, that once we have completed your project you clean and maintain your newly restored floors in the right way to ensure that there is minimum debris, which could damage the floor.
The Process Of Varnishing & Polishing
Here at Timberwolf we offer an excellent varnishing and polishing service that leaves you with a floor you can be proud of:
- The first step: Even though we use dust free equipment to sand your floor, there may still be some dust and debris. Therefore, once we have finished sanding your floor, we carefully clean the floor. We remove all of the dirt and grime as they are the biggest enemies to a floor's finish. Dirt and grime left behind could cause scratching and will leave marks in the finished floor.
- The next step: Once we have ensured that your floor is free of debris, the next step is to buff the floor. This will remove all of the scuff marks and imperfections from the wood. This part of the process will give us a perfect canvass to apply the varnish and polish
- The final step: It is our aim that your wood gets the best treatment from start to finish. Therefore, we choose the best sealer for your type of wood. This step can only be done, once your floor has been buffed and polished. Before we apply polish to the wood, we need to ensure that the wood is entirely dry. This ensures that your floor is left looking as beautiful as it did when it was first laid. We use the Bona Lacquers to finish your floor. This is because it has incredible durability and is resistant to most households spills. In fact it is such a good lacquer that we wouldn't to hear from you again until at least 10 years from when we restore your floor!
How To Look After Your Polished Floor
So now you have a beautiful refurbished floor that you are proud to show off. What next? You will play an important role in prolonging the life of your floor. You will need to look after and maintain it's beauty...here's how....
Dust And Clean
- Regularly sweep or vacuum your wooden floor. This will remove all of the dirt and debris that could scratch and damage the polish
- When you clean your floor, it is best not to use all purpose cleaners. This is because they tend to levae behind a dull residue. This residue will require you to use a lot of water to remove it. Too much water will damage your newly restored floor
- Clean up any spilt drinks immediately
Maintaining The finish
The lifespan of your newly polished wooden floor will depend on how you maintain the wood after we have finished your project. Therefore, there are a few things you need to take into consideration:
- If you spill anything on your polished floor, make sure to wipe it up as soon as possible. This will avoid any damage to the wood and polish
- Your floor may become scratched over time, reapply floor polish to refresh the floor and bring it back to life
- You can add a new layer of polish as and when your floor requires it. This is usually applied a few times a year so that you can prolong the life of your floor
When you choose Timberwolf to renovate your wooden floor, you will have put your wooden floor into expert hands. We pride ourselves on our ability to sand any type of floor and our years of experience has taught us how to polish and varnish your floor in order to restore the floor to a high standard. Take a look at our reviews to find out what some of our previous clients thought of our work here.
Contact Timberwolf now so we can start the process of breathing life back into your tired wooden floor!!!